Last week we told you about the advantages of commercial-grade hospitality TVs over consumer TVs for use in hotel guest rooms. This week we’ll get into the advantages of commercial-grade displays for use as digital signage.
From engineered durability, innovative form factors and a wide range of sizes, to installation, integration and management, commercial-grade displays excel at meeting long-term business needs.
LG commercial displays are designed to provide 18-24/7 operation (depending on model) and can provide attention-grabbing content in public environments, and often harsh conditions, day in, day out. LG uses commercial-grade components to prolong the life of the display—with key considerations such as heat, dust and humidity all playing a role in the build quality.
Not only is the construction of LG commercial-grade displays superior to that of consumer-grade displays, the back-end infrastructure allows businesses to create, post and manage their own content with ease. Let’s have a look at the advantages:
- Consistent Image Quality – With IPS (In-Plane Switching) LCD screen technology, the angle of view does not affect the image quality. IPS is a leading advantage for displays in public areas and large spaces where people are moving about.
- Effective Brightness and Contrast – Commercial displays are available with a brightness and contrast range ideal for the venue. Resellers and systems integrators can take note of the lighting conditions for each display location and select a display accordingly.
- Display Orientation – Commercial displays can be used in landscape or portrait modes and have a wide selection of industrial mounting options. Consumer-grade screens are landscape format only.
- Innovative Form Factors – LG leads the way in innovative display form factors that can blend virtually seamlessly into the space, complement existing structures or become iconic elements of the architecture.
- Easy Connectivity – Commercial displays lead the way in connectivity, making an installation much more economical for systems integration. Feed the display any type of digital signal and it can daisy chain to whatever the output requires.
- Variety of Inputs – Commercial displays feature a wide variety of inputs including RS232C, RJ45, USB, HDMI, DP, DVI-D and more.
- Easy Content Management – LG’s webOS Signage is a web-based content creation/management platform that is supported by a wide network of software integrators in the U.S. It works with the displays’ embedded SoC (System on Chip) and eliminates the need for external media players and associated cables and mounting hardware. The content can be managed from a centralized location.
- Fail-safe Engineering – LG commercial displays are purpose-built for maximum messaging uptime. For example, you can have webOS Signage software playing through a LAN cable that uploads to 4 GB of usable storage on the display. Then set it up so that the display will feed from a USB stick as a backup. And then have a standard video player attached to the back of the display as another backup. Newer versions of webOS Signage can also point to a server that can download a file such as a video for digital signage content and upload it to the display at a specific time during off-hours or when the business is closed.
- Fanless Design – LG commercial displays are air-cooled and require no internal fans that can add bulk and facilitate ingress of contaminants.
- Circuit-protecting Conformal Coating – LG commercial displays are engineered with conformal coating to protect the display’s internal circuitry from moisture and airborne particulates. Conformal coating is a thin chemical coating or polymer film that is topically applied to circuit boards. It is designed to protect electronic circuits from harsh environments that may contain moisture, dust and other contaminants known to harm circuit boards.
- IP5X Certification – Select LG commercial displays feature IP5X Dust-proof Certification. They are designed to resist dust buildup, which means better long-term performance and less heat generation.
- Outdoor Use – Outdoor commercial displays employ vandal-resistant glass and an IP56 design which allows for outdoor operation with protection from ballistic impact, wind, dust, rain, sleet, snow, brake dust, or car fumes. There’s no need for a separate environmental enclosure, air filters, or additional vandal-proofing measures. These displays also feature ultra-high brightness and contrast, luminance control, thermal management, polarized sunglass viewable anti-glare screen, plus available touch screen panels.
- Installation Quality Service (IQS) – LG’s IQS ensures that all displays are properly installed and color-corrected. Our commercial-grade warranties and post-sales support ensure low TCO and high ROI.
- Commercial displays are backed by 3-year commercial warranties with extended years of service coverage available. Consumer products, on the other hand, usually have a 1-year warranty.
When you weigh all the advantages of commercial displays it’s easy to understand the reasons for the additional upfront cost, and the reasons for the lower total cost of ownership.