When the time comes for hoteliers to purchase new televisions for the guest rooms, the first inclination might seem obvious—go to the local big-box store and make a big purchase. After all, those TVs have the latest high resolution options and features, and they’d be familiar to guests. Sounds like a plan, right?
Consumer-grade TVs are not built for use in hotel guest rooms, and can actually create more work and waste more time than their discounts are worth. Today we’ll go over the differences between LG’s commercial-grade hospitality TVs and consumer-grade TVs.
LG is the proven leader in commercial-grade hospitality televisions—TVs built from the inside out for use in hotel guest rooms. We provide the latest Pro:Centric® full HD, 4K and smart hotel TVs in an array of sizes all the way up to 75-inch ultra-slim smart TVs. And for the luxury suites we have the ultimate in-room entertainment with the revolutionary new razor-thin LG OLED Wallpaper hospitality TVs—one of the first TVs in the world to incorporate Dolby Atmos® sound.
On top of that, LG is the only manufacturer to offer a Pro:Centric smart set-top box made for the hospitality industry that enables smart functionality on non-smart LG TVs. Hoteliers now have the ability to upgrade their non-smart LG TVs to better accommodate today’s technology-enabled guests.
Here’s a huge plus for hotels: LG’s hospitality TVs have the built-in capability to support customized applications and guest services through a wide array of system integrators and service partners. And the TVs can be set up all at once, quickly and easily, via the LG Pro:Centric server at the head end, eliminating the need to go from room to room setting up one TV at a time. (Check out last week’s blog where we summarized the advantages of Pro:Centric and the new Pro:Centric Direct platform.)
Now just to be fair, let’s have quick rundown of LG commercial-grade hospitality TVs vs. consumer-grade TVs from the big-box store:
LG Hospitality TVs
- Includes Pro:Idiom® digital encryption, so no set-top box is required to view premium content
- Free LG 5-Star Service with 2-year on-site warranty service and preventive maintenance visits
- TVs include anti-theft systems such as a lock-down swivel base, built-in Kensington slot cable system; credenza hole; lock-down plate with anti-theft mounting hardware
- Remote management – Provides the ability to set up the TVs all at once via LG’s Pro:Centric server; enables integrators to create an interactive electronic programming guide and interactive welcome screens to highlight property amenities, guest services and more
- Set start channel and volume limiter
- Set start volume at power-up
- Key lock prevents guests from accessing TV menu settings where picture settings can be disrupted
- Label channels with specific network labels regardless of location in the USA
- Optional set-top box adds smart functionality to non-smart LG hospitality TVs
Now, let’s have a look at what hotels get with consumer-grade TVs:
- Cable/satellite box is required for viewing
- 1-year parts / 90 days labor warranty
- TVs must be carried in for repair
- No lock down mechanism included
- Individual room visits required to set up
- No hospitality features
Need we say more?
Next week we’ll tell you about LG’s industry-leading free 5-Star Service program for hotels.