When the time comes for hoteliers to purchase new televisions for the guest rooms, the first inclination might be to go to the local big-box store and make a big purchase. After all, those TVs have the latest high-resolution options and features, and they’re probably what the guests are accustomed to watching at home.
However, consumer-grade TVs are not built for use in hotel guest rooms, and can create more work and waste more time than their discounts are worth. Commercial-grade hospitality TVs, on the other hand, offer numerous advantages over consumer-grade TVs, and are the right choice for hotel properties of any size.
Commercial-grade hospitality TVs are purpose-built for use in hotel guest rooms. LG provides the latest Pro:Centric® hospitality TVs in an array of sizes from 32-inch HD Standard TVs all the way up to 75-inch 4K UHD ultra-slim Smart TVs. And for the luxury suites, the revolutionary LG OLED Wallpaper hospitality TVs, one of the first TVs in the world to incorporate Dolby Atmos® sound, offer the ultimate in-room entertainment experience.
On top of that, LG offers a Pro:Centric Smart set-top box made for the hospitality industry that enables Smart functionality on non-Smart hospitality TVs. Hoteliers can now upgrade their non-Smart TVs to better accommodate today’s technology-enabled, digital-savvy guests.
Another plus for hotels is that LG hospitality TVs have the built-in capability to support customized applications and guest services through a wide array of system integrators and service partners. And the TVs can be set up all at once, quickly and easily, via an LG Pro:Centric server at the head end, eliminating the need to go from room to room setting up one TV at a time. LG hospitality TVs include a standard 2-year Commercial Warranty on parts & labor.
Here’s a list of feature advantages comparing LG commercial-grade hospitality TVs to consumer-grade TVs:
LG Hospitality TVs
- Includes Pro:Idiom® digital decryption – no cable/satellite box is required to view premium High Definition channel content
- Free LG 5-Star Service with routine preventive maintenance visits from technician
- TVs include anti-theft systems such as a lock-down swivel base, built-in Kensington slot cable system; credenza hole; lock-down plate with anti-theft mounting hardware
- Remote management provides the ability to set up the TVs all at once via LG’s Pro:Centric server; integrators can create an interactive electronic programming guide and interactive welcome screens to highlight property amenities, guest services and more
- Pro:Centric Smart TV Platform supports a wide array of Over-the-Top (OTT) or Internet-based applications
- Set start channel and volume limiter
- Set start volume at power-up
- Key lock prevents guests from accessing TV menu settings where picture settings can be disrupted
- Label channels with specific network labels regardless of location in the USA
- Optional Pro:Centric Smart set-top box adds smart functionality to non-Smart hospitality TVs
- Standard 2-year Commercial Warranty on parts & labor included. Optional Enhanced Service Plans available.
Now, let’s have a look at what hotels get with consumer-grade TVs:
- Cable/satellite box is required for viewing
- TVs must be carried in for repair
- No lock down mechanism included
- Individual room visits required to set up
- No hospitality features
- 1-year parts / 90 days labor warranty
When you weigh the advantages the choice for hoteliers is clear.